What is Guduchi?
Guduchi or Tinspora (Tinospora cordifolia) is called “Amritavalli” in Sanskrit which translates to “crawling with nectar”. The climbing bush of Guduchi is highly valued in Ayurveda for its regeneration, immune boosting and other beneficial properties. This herb has powerful properties that can effectively treat defective digestion.
When grown in deciduous and dry forests in different parts of India, It has a higher medicinal value when growing on a neem tree than on a Udu tree that grows alone.
Guduchi Properties :
1. Cures Digestive Diseases.
It’s treats digestive diseases such as liver diseases like hypersensitivity, colitis, loss of appetite, abdominal pain and hepatitis.
2. Treats Chronic Fever.
The starch of the It’s plant is a home remedy to treat chronic fever, reducing the sensation of burning while increasing appetite and energy.
3. Cures Renal Diseases.
It reduces blood urea levels and helps in getting rid of renal caliculi.
4. Treats Rheumatic Disorder.
The combination of Guduchi and Sanathi can treat conditions like arthritis and rheumatic diseases.
5. Diabetes Treatment.
A mixture of It, Nimba and Vaasa can effectively treat diabetes. Consumption of the said earcoction reduces blood sugar levels.
6. Treats Hepatitis And Jaundice.
It has deoxidizing properties that can effectively treat hepatitis and jaundice. According to one clinical, mice were induced with liver toxicity. The rats were given alcohol along with Guduchi. The livers of mice were preserved by removing them, showing hepatoprotective efficacy.
7. Acts As A Rejuvenation.
It reduces oxidative stress in humans. It is a powerful antioxidant that can also prevent premature aging.
Uses of It’s Powder:
– Treats anemia and splenic disorders.
– Boosts memory.
– Leaves skin better color & shine.
– Ayurveda i.e., Kapha, Pitta and Vata have a balancing effect on all three doshas.
– Promotes immunity.
– Fights endogenous toxins.
– Supports the natural functioning of the liver.
– Purifies blood.
How to Consume It’s Powder:
– It is mostly used in powder form. However, other parts such as leaves can also be used.
– Treatment of fever and anorexia
– First boil guduchi kashyam by boiling 2 and half teaspoons of guduchi powder in a half cup of water on medium heat.
– Cover the pot and do not stir continuously until the water reduces to half a cup.
– For this decoction, add 2-3 pieces of long black pepper and mix well.
– Take this kashaya with one spoon of 4-6 teaspoons of honey, either once or twice a day before eating.
– This preparation can be continued for 3-4 weeks.
Recommended dosage for Guduchi:
– It’s Powder Dose: 3 to 6 grams per day in divided doses
Side Effects of Consuming Guduchi:
– Stomach irritation may occur.
– Avoid the use It during pregnancy.
– Diabetic patients should use It with utmost care on an anti-diabetic treatment plan and consult a healthcare practitioner before use.
– It is necessary to monitor blood sugar levels on a regular basis.
– Immunosuppressant groups of drugs and hypoglycemic drugs may interact with Guduchi.
Where to Buy Guduchi:
While saving on Guduchi powder, you can buy 1 mg coupon, Snapdeal coupon and Flipkart coupon to save money.
Best brands selling guduchi:
– Fab India
– Shree Jain Ayurvedic Pharmacy.
– Ayurvedic life.
We at Herbal wish have created a platform wherein you can find every type of cures and antidotes to treat and protect yourself with the help of totally natural and herbal medicines. We will be rendering you with natural remedies, purely in herbal format to treat various diseases and afflictions.