Diabetes is a very common and dangerous disease. One out of every five people in India has diabetes. Today we will try to know in detail about Diabetes Facts, symptoms and some tips.
What is diabetes?
The symbol for Diabetes – A blue circle. Diabetes is a disease in which the amount of glucose in the patient’s blood (blood sugar level) exceeds the requirement. This can happen due to two reasons: either your body is not producing a sufficient amount of insulin or your cells. Not reacting to insulin being produced. Insulin is a hormone that controls the metabolism of carbohydrate and fat in your body. Metabolism means the process in which the body digests food so that the body can get energy and develop.
The food that we eat goes into the stomach and converts it into energy which is called glucose. Now the work is to deliver this energy/glucose into the millions of cells present in our body, and this work is possible only when our pancreas (pancreas) produce insulin in sufficient quantity. Glucose cannot enter cells without insulin. And then our cells burn the glucose and give energy to the body. When this process is not done normally then the person suffers from diabetes. In a normal healthy person, the level of glucose in the blood before eating is 70 to 100 mg/dl. This level becomes 120–140 mg/dl after eating and then gradually decreases. But in diabetes, this level cannot be normalized and in extreme cases, even than 500 mg/dl drops.
Types of diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes:
This happens when your body stops making insulin. In such a situation, the patient has to give insulin from outside. It is also called insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, IDDM.
Type 2 diabetes:
This happens when your cells do not react to the insulin being produced. It is also called non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, NIDDM.
This happens to women who are pregnant and have never had diabetes before. This is due to the excess of glucose level in the blood during pregnancy, which is when pregnant women, who have never had diabetes before, have a high blood glucose level during pregnancy. It may precede the development of type 2 DM.
– People with Type 2 Diabetes die 5 – 10 years earlier than healthy people.
– Type 2 Diabetes is the most common form of Diabetes (Diabetes Facts).
– Diabetes can happen to people of any age group, including children.
– In India, about 27,000 children die due to diabetes every year due to lack of treatment.
– 1 in 5 people in India is affected by diabetes.
– If it is not controlled, it can result in heart attack, blindness, stroke (stroke), or kidney failure.
– Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by up to 80% by eating healthy and increasing physical activity.
– It is a genetic disease. That is, if someone in the family has had this disease before, then you may also have it.
What to do if you have diabetes:
– Regularly got blood sugar tested.
– Avoidance is essential, inadvertence can be fatal later. Avoiding blindness, amputation or dialysis later would be easier.
– Do not take prescription drugs lightly, and make a claim at the time of doctor’s advice.
– Eat healthily and stay active. This can be controlled to a great extent by exercising.
– If possible, choose the same partner like you for eating food, this will make it easier to control your tongue.
– Take sufficient amount of sleep.
– Get used to walking in the morning or evening.
Symptoms of diabetes:
– More thirsty or hungry.
– Sudden weight loss.
– Constantly feeling weakness and tiredness.
– Wound healing time.
– Frequent urination.
– Blurring things.
– Skin infection and itching.
What are the things to avoid in diabetes:
Smoking, sugar, sweets, glucose, jam, molasses, ice cream, cakes, pastries, sweet biscuits, chocolate, soft drinks, condensed milk, cream, fried foods, butter, ghee, and hydrogenated vegetable oil, white flour, junk food, Cookies, canned and preserved foods, etc.
What foods to reduce in diabetes:
Salt, meat, fish, poultry, alcohol, tea, coffee, honey, coconut, other nuts, unsweetened juice, seafood, etc.
What foods to eat in diabetes:
Drink plenty of water, grapes, pomegranate juice, Indian blackberries, bananas, apples, figs, blackberries, kiwi fruit, citrus, fruits, cucumber, lettuce, onion, garlic, radish, tomatoes, carrots, leaves, spinach turnip, cabbage And colourful vegetables, unripe fruit juices, raw bananas, raw peanuts,
tomatoes, bananas, melons, dried peas, potatoes, apple cider vinegar, skimmed milk powder, wheat, oatmeal, almonds, peas, grains, chickpeas, Bengal gram, black Gram, Pulses, Corn, Soya Bean Sprouts,
Bread, wheat bran, whole grain bread, whey, yoghurt, etc.
We at Herbal wish have created a platform wherein you can find every type of cures and antidotes to treat and protect yourself with the help of totally natural and herbal medicines. We will be rendering you with natural remedies, purely in herbal format to treat various diseases and afflictions.